The course reviews the definition of reading comprehension and discusses the underlying skills. The role an SLP can play in supporting reading comprehension is discussed and methods of finding time in your schedule and the schedule of your students is also covered. Finally, the course covers in detail specific language skills to target to support a student's reading comprehension. This in great information to become familiar with and I suggest saving a copy of the PDF for future reference.
I found the course material to be comprehensive and well organized. The 20 question multiple-choice quiz was straightforward and relatively quick to take. After completing this course I have finished all of the continuing education credits I need for the calendar year. I am feeling pretty great about that. For once it is early March and I have all of the CEUs I need for the calendar year. It feels wonderful to have made a reasonable plan (one course a week for 7 weeks) and stuck with it through completion.
Did anyone else take this course? What did you think?
See the complete 7-Week Free CEU Challenge here.
- Week 1 review: Counseling Theories and Skills for SLPs - 0.2 CEUs
- Week 2 review: Evidence-Based Practice - 0.2 CEUs
- Week 3 review: Intervention Programming for Nonverbal Children - 0.2 CEUs
- Week 4 review: Introduction to Ethical Decision Making in Speech-Language Pathology - 0.2 CEUs
- Week 5 review: HFA, AS, & NVLD: Differential Diagnosis by the SLP - 0.3 CEUs
- Week 6 review: Reading Comprehension in Secondary Students - Assessment - 0.2 CEUs