Friday, January 18, 2013

CEU Challenge: 15 Free CEU's in 7 Weeks

Background

Let's look back in time to December 29-30, 2012. That was the weekend after Christmas. You were all having quality time with your families right? You'd think I would have been doing the same, but no. Instead, I was sitting at my computer while my husband had quality time with the children. I had left my ASHA and state licence renewals to the last minute and still needed 5 more CEUs before I could ethically renew my licences. I logged on to the Linguisystems Free CEU page and dug in. I did get it all done. All CEU requirements are met and licences are current. However, I really do need a plan that doesn't involve frantic, last minute sacrifices of quality family time during the holidays.

The CEU Challenge

I'm going to sit down and earn CEUs every week (all of the LinguiSystems CEU courses are worth more than one) until I get the 15 I need this calendar year. You are welcome to join me. Here's my syllabus:

What You Need to Do

  1. Get a free account with Linguisystems. If you're a member of the ASHA CEU Registry, have your ASHA account number handy. If you give them your account number when you register they will automatically report your CEU credits to ASHA each time you complete a course.
  2. Enroll in the course of the week. I'll be doing Week 1: Counseling Theories and Skills for SLPs this week and reporting back next Friday (January 25). If you don't like that course, pick an alternate. I was somewhat limited in the courses I could put on the syllabus because I took several of their courses last year.
  3. Read the course materials and take the quiz. Come back each Friday to hear what I thought about the course and give your own opinions.
That's it. In two months we'll all be done with our annual CEU requirements.

1 comment:

  1. Linguisystems is no longer providing free CEUs (9/2014)

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics