Initial /th/ (voiceless) Card SetTo download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.
I recommend you print on cardstock and laminate for durability.
DescriptionThis articulation picture card set is designed to be more comprehensive than the typical sets you might find elsewhere. The target audience for this set is young children or children with more severe speech delays that need intensive practice with voiceless initial /th/ at a one-syllable level. No blends or vocalic /r/ sounds are included in this set. The set pairs the initial /th/ with as many different vowel sounds as possible to maximize co-articulation variety.
- This set includes 12 therapy cards with the target word and picture on the front, and the difficulty level and a carrier phrase on the back.
- The words are all CV or CVC in syllable shape.
- The words are easily understood by or easily taught to young children.
- Combines the target sound with a variety of vowel sounds.
- Words are sorted by difficulty level for an easy progression from easy to hard.
PermissionsI give permission to copy, print, or distribute this card set provided that:
- Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
- No copies are altered without my express consent.
- No one makes a profit from these copies.
- Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.
Looking for FeedbackI would love to hear back from anyone who uses this card set. Let me know if you find errors or there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.
Where can I find more?More sets are on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page. Other card sets include /p, b, t, d, m, n, h, f, v, k, g, w, s, z, l, th, ch, sh, s-blends, and l-blends/ and more sets are being added regularly.
What kinds of activities can I do with this cardset?
- 10 Card Set Game and Activity Ideas
- Simple Speech Card Puzzles
- Speech Card Stories
- Speech Card Caterpillar
- Speech Card Game: What's Hiding?
- Speech Card Game: Speech Switcheroo (An Uno-Style Game)
- Speech Card Set Activity: Magnetic Speech Cards
- Speech Card Game: Speech Fours
- Speech Card Game: Old Maid
- Speech Card Set Activity: Bang!
- Speech Card Set Activity: What's Hiding Behind Door Number...?
- Speech Card Set Activity: Customizing a Homework Sheet
- Speech Card Set Activity: Making a Simple Sentence Flipbook
- Speech Game: Find-It
- Speech Card Set Activity: Speech Art Collage
- Speech Card Set Activity: Speech Crowns