Make Your Own Initial /s/ Flipbook From Free PrintableTo download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.
I recommend you print on cardstock and laminate for durability.
DescriptionThis is a modification of my free one-syllable initial /s/ card set. The first 5 cards are designed to be subjects placed into the initial position of the flipbook. The next 6 cards are verbs meant to be placed into the second position of the flipbook. The final 19 cards are objects to be placed into the third position in the flipbook. There are a total of 570 different silly sentences containing 2-3 initial /s/ words that can be made using this DIY flipbook.
Directions for Making the Flipbook
- Print cards on cardstock and cut apart.
- Punch holes in the center top of each card.
- Make a cover and back for your flip book using cardboard or two pieces of cardstock glued together. Punch three holes in the top of your cover and back. (Alternately, just put cards into a 3-ring binder.)
- Put the subject cards in the first hole and tie in place with string, yarn, dental floss, or anything else you have around that will work. Put the action cards in the center spot and the object cards in the final spot.
- Write in some sort of title on the cover and use with students.
You could do this with any of my cardsets. When I had the idea to try to make a flipbook I noticed that most of my cardsets have a few action words and plenty of object words. The sets tend to be light on words that make sense as subjects though. So supplement the subject words you find in any set with the "I, We, You, and They" cards above in first position. Then just sort through the other cards in the set to find additional subject, action, and object words and make as many flipbooks as you'd like.
PermissionsI give permission to copy, print, or distribute this card set flipbook provided that:
- Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
- No copies are altered without my express consent.
- No one makes a profit from these copies.
- Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.
Looking for FeedbackI would love to hear back from anyone who uses this card set flipbook. Let me know if you find errors or there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.
Where can I find more?More sets are on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page. Other card sets include /p, b, t, d, m, n, h, f, v, k, g, s, l, ch, sh, s-blends, and l-blends/ and more sets are being added regularly.
Card Set Activity and Game Suggestions
- 10 Card Set Game and Activity Ideas
- Simple Speech Card Puzzles
- Speech Card Stories
- Speech Card Caterpillar
- Speech Card Game: What's Hiding?
- Speech Card Game: Speech Switcheroo (An Uno-Style Game)
- Speech Card Set Activity: Magnetic Speech Cards
- Speech Card Game: Speech Fours
- Speech Card Game: Old Maid
- Speech Card Set Activity: Bang!
- Speech Card Set Activity: What's Hiding Behind Door Number...?
- Speech Card Set Activity: Customizing a Homework Sheet