Cut them out. Trim very close around the pictures.
Glue or tape onto the ends of Jumbo Craft sticks.
Put stickers or marker in dots on the backs of about 5 of the sticks.
How to play:
- (Optional) Begin by showing all the sticks to the children and sorting them into their rhymes/minimal pairs. Let the children take turns choosing their favorites until 10 pairs have been chosen. Put those 10 pairs picture side down into a cup.
- Have the children take turns pulling out five sticks at a time. They say the word (or use it in a phrase or sentence). If they have any matches they get to keep the pair. Put any non-matches back in the cup. If they pull at least one stick with a sticker on it they get another turn. Then play moves to the next child.
- When all the matches have been found and the cup is empty the child with the most pairs wins.
Other Card Set Activity and Game Suggestions
- 10 Card Set Game and Activity Ideas
- Simple Speech Card Puzzles
- Speech Card Stories
- Speech Card Caterpillar
- Speech Card Game: What's Hiding?
- Speech Card Game: Speech Switcheroo (An Uno-Style Game)
- Speech Card Set Activity: Magnetic Speech Cards
- Speech Card Game: Speech Fours
- Speech Card Game: Old Maid
- Speech Card Set Activity: Bang!
- Speech Card Set Activity: What's Hiding Behind Door Number...?
- Speech Card Set Activity: Customizing a Homework Sheet
- Speech Card Set Activity: Making a Simple Sentence Flipbook