Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Initial S: Free Speech Therapy Articulation Picture Cards


If you like this free S set you might want to check out the comprehensive S Speech Therapy Kit now available in the Testy Shop.


Description

These articulation picture card sets are designed to be more comprehensive than the typical sets you might find elsewhere. The target audience for these sets are young children or children with more severe speech delays that need intensive practice with sounds at a one-syllable level. No blends or vocalic /r/ sounds are included in these sets. (Scroll down to preview set.)

Key Features

  • This set includes 30 therapy cards with the target word and picture on the front, and the difficulty level and a carrier phrase on the back.
  • The words are all CV or CVC in syllable shape.
  • The words are simple and are easily understood by or easily taught to young children.
  • Combines the target sound with all possible vowel sounds at least once.
  • Words are sorted by difficulty level for an easy progression from easy to hard.

Permissions

I give permission to copy, print, or distribute this card set provided that:
  1. Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
  2. No copies are altered without my express consent.
  3. No one makes a profit from these copies.
  4. Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.

Looking for Feedback

I would love to hear back from anyone who uses this card set. Let me know if you find errors or there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.

Where can I find more?

More sets are on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page.

Card Sets

To download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.

I recommend you print on cardstock and laminate for durability.






6 comments:

  1. Are your cards the same size as a regular deck of cards? If so, would you be willing to share the template? I've looked everywhere for a playing cards template to create games and flashcards for my students, but can't seem to find one.

    I love your blog and your great ideas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are smaller than a regular deck of cards. They are easier for small hands to hold, easier to use in games, and cost a little less to print out.

      Delete
  2. Some of the pics are too abstract for young children. More concrete or functional words would be recommended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my goals with each set is to include at least one example of all possible vowel sounds for coarticulation practice purposes. Some of the less concrete concepts are showing up for those reasons.

      You could choose to simply leave words that are too difficult out if your students don't need to practice those vowel sounds and only use the more concrete cards. However, I have found that most of the picture cards are easy to teach, even to a young three year old (assuming age-appropriate receptive language skills). Under those circumstances, the cards can be a great opportunity to increase vocabulary.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for these, now I think of you first when looking for something suitable for my kids who are struggling to make progress.Margaret Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your site and I am thrilled.
    We are heading into a six week school holiday and the homework we've been given through the year is beginning to bore my daughter , she will love these cards. Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics