Saturday, March 3, 2012

Two decades behind the curve...

I have recently discovered the joy and usefulness of warm liquid caffeine. Now most people discover coffee when? High school or college perhaps? Well, I never liked straight coffee and therefore made it through high school, college, graduate school, and the early years of mothering without relying on caffeine at all.

My recent purchase of an automatic tea maker led me to try a wide variety of teas over the past couple of months. One of those teas (well, tea-alternative technically) is JavaVana by Teavana which, ironically enough, is coffee and chocolate flavored. I drink it because it is amazingly good. When prepared to my liking (one-two extra scoops of tea, 205 degrees, a little milk, 7 minutes!) it is a calorie free alternative to a mocha hot chocolate that is better than hot chocolate. I kid you not. This stuff is amazing.

A cup also happens to have the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee. Well I had no idea of the effect of a cup of coffee's caffeine. I am completely truthful when I say it makes me a better mother. Even when fighting a cold. I'm perky, patient, energetic, and cheerful. All that and so yummy. I did discover that drinking it through the afternoon and evening is a VERY BAD IDEA. Hmm. No sleep that night. If I just switch to some other pot of tea after around 3pm, all is good though. Lovely, lovely chocolate, coffee flavor, and caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics