Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Couple of Projects

Using my sewing machine, some scrap fleece I've had lying around for ages, and this Snowblossom Fleece Hat Tutorial I made Ava a hat. It took me about an hour and a half. The tutorial is really well done, and the sizing guidelines worked perfectly.

It would be even cuter in a better color combination, but I just used what I had around. If I make a trip to a fabric store, I'll pick out colors to make another one for Ava and one for Michael too.


_______________________

I stumbled upon a picture of a project someone had done using plastic Easter eggs to make a word family activity. I decided to make some for Michael. He's really proud of being able to sound out three letter words, but he is sounding them out letter by letter and hadn't caught on to word families yet. I've only made two so far, but they work beautifully. He can rattle off seven or eight words so quickly this way. It's becoming automatic. I really need to make the time to make some more.

Sorry about the picture being so blurry, but at least it gives you an idea. First I tried glue and that didn't work so well, so with the second one I tried tape. That didn't work all that well either. Anyone have any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics