Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Busy Book - Shapes Page

As I was browsing the web searching for fleece hat patterns I found some patterns and examples of busy books. Busy books are homemade activity books made out of cloth - usually felt. Some people make busy books entirely of pages that are quiet when the child plays with them and then they call them quiet books. They are to entertain a child when you need them to be quiet (at church, in a waiting room, etc...). Here is an example of a completed busy book.

We travel for the holidays on extended car trips and I thought it would be fun to make some busy books to keep the children entertained during the car ride. I finished my first page today. It is a simple shape matching page using velcro to attach the pieces. I'm pretty pleased at how my first attempt turned out.


If I get it done tomorrow I'll show you the second page I'm working on. It uses magnets and focuses on numbers and patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics