Monday, December 17, 2012

Mixed K Speech Song: Mucky Mucky Hockey Puck

Somewhere I came across an adorable book of word family songs. They were a collection of songs someone had written to the tune of familiar children's songs designed to work on word families. (Please don't ask me where I found the book. Or when. Or how. As I approach the grand old age of 40 I'm finding these sorts of details more and more difficult to hang on to.) Anyway, the point of this rather tangential story is that I was inspired to create a speech song. This is where you promise to not laugh!

Given that /k/ is apparently the target sound that will never go away in our household, I decided to make a mixed /k/ song my guinea pig. Here you go. It won't be winning a Grammy I suspect, but it should be amusing to little ones while providing a whole new way to work on the /k/ sound in initial, medial, and final position.



You sing the song to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I've provided the printable with a cute blue background and with a more practical white background (below - to save printer ink). Choose whichever you prefer.



Let me know what you think of the idea. Do you like it? Would you enjoy using speech songs during articulation therapy? Would it be worth my time to make some more?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Make more! That's a really good idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I just found your site. Good work. I plan on highlighting you on my blog, The School Speech Therapist. I would have purchased an /f/ kit if you had one ready. I have a severely dyspraxic student and /f/ seems the only "long" sound he can produce with some consistency.

    Teresa
    theschoolspeechtherapist.com
    theschoolspeechtherapist@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be interested in being interviewed on my blog? I will explain more if you contact me via e-mail
    Teresa
    theschoolspeechtherapist@gmail.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics