Voiceless /th/ - /f/ Minimal Pairs Card SetTo download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.
I recommend you print on cardstock and laminate for durability.
DescriptionThis articulation picture card set focuses on the contrast between voiceless /th/ and /f/. It would be a great set to use with a child who is substituting voiceless /th/ for /f/ or vice versa. Usually I avoid vocalic /r/ in my card sets, but there are not a lot of these minimal pair contrasts around, so I did include some vocalic /r/ words. There are no consonant blends in this set in order to minimize phonemic complexity.
- This set includes 14 picture cards (7 th/f minimal pairs) with the target word and picture on the front.
- The words are simple in syllable shape and include no consonant blends.
- Combines the target sounds with a variety of vowels in order to increase phonemic variety and improve carryover.
PermissionsI give permission to copy, print, or distribute this card set provided that:
- Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
- No copies are altered without my express consent.
- No one makes a profit from these copies.
- Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.