Mixed /k/ Homework BookletTo download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer. I recommend you print on cardstock for durability.
DescriptionThis articulation homework booklet is designed to be an extension of my single-syllable card sets. The target words are a mix of one-syllable initial and final words and two-syllable medial words that include no blends and no vocalic /r/ sounds. This booklet is designed to be read by a parent (or therapist, older sibling, classmate, teacher...) and child together. The helper reads the typewritten words pausing for the child to "read" the picture words. Each time the book is read, the helper can put a sticker/stamp/checkmark in one of the boxes on the front of the book. This will encourage multiple practice readings. The child's fluency should increase with each repeated reading. The words on the back page can be used for either auditory bombardment before reading the book together or for drill after finishing reading the book (or both). The target audience for these cards are children with speech delays who are ready to practice /k/ sounds in a more natural context. Move to these exercises to add complexity and increase generalization after the child has achieved good accuracy with single words, single word repetitions, and simple alternating single words with the initial /k/, medial /k/, and final /k/ target words.
- This booklet features 15 initial, medial, and final /k/ words incorporated into a simple story to be read by a helper and child together.
- The target words are one or two syllable words that do not contain vocalic /r/ sounds or blends.
- The words are easily understood by or easily taught to young children.
PermissionsI give permission to copy, print, or distribute this booklet provided that:
- Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
- No copies are altered without my express consent.
- No one makes a profit from these copies.
- Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.
Looking for FeedbackI would love to hear back from anyone who uses this booklet. Let me know if you find errors or there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.
Where can I find more?More card sets and related printables are on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page.
Here is a picture of a homework booklet (the /l/ booklet) printed on cardstock and folded into the booklet. It slides nicely in between board books to be pulled out and read during bedtime story time.
Other Speech Practice Booklets Available:
- Initial /s/ Homework Booklet - Sue's Tea Set
- Initial /l/ Homework Booklet - Lou's Busy Day
- Initial /sh/ Homework Booklet - Shy Shae
- Medial /f/ Homework Booklet - Alfie the Elephant
- Initial /fl/ Homework Booklet - Flynn Gets His Picture
- Final /k/ Homework Booklet - Silly Rhymes
- /f/ Sentences Homework Booklet - Finn Finds Number Friends