List of Notable Events this Week (in order of occurrence)
- My wonderful parents took both children overnight from Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon. It was bliss.
- My husband and I celebrated by accomplishing one of the items on our "We will do this at some point in our lifetime" list. We adopted two kittens from the same litter and brought them home.
- Michael caught a cold.
- The kittens spent four hours lost in my own house. It turns out they were stuck behind the washer and dryer.
- Michael's cold turned croupy.
- (Warning: Slight icky factor ahead.) One of the kittens developed bloody diarreah. Mental note to call vet and shelter in the morning. Decide to quarantine kittens until further notice.
- Michael woke up much worse. Called pediatrician. Spent 4 hours at hospital with two young children to confirm original diagnosis of croup. Went home with no new information and no new treatment plan. (Instead of dealing with sick kitten.)
- Noticed that kitten's problem is intermittent, but still present. Called shelter and vet to begin working on the issue. Waiting for vet appointment later today.