Friday, May 4, 2012

The Weekly Review: Week 59

Weekly Theme:

Overwhelming Fatigue - I think the past few weeks caught up with me this week. A huge work project has had my husband working about double his usual full time schedule for the past 2 1/2 weeks. Consequently, I've been doing many, many consecutive hours of solo parenting. I'm exhausted in a way I can't seem to shake. I've been making a concerted effort to get a minimum of 7.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep for 4-5 nights in a row and I still can't seem to shake the fatigue. I need to catch up because it's starting to effect my mood, parenting, and productivity.

Weekly Highlights:

  • Ava is humming and making up songs in all our quiet moments. I'll hear her singing from the back seat of the car on the way to school or singing to herself through the monitor I still keep in her room. It's adorable.
  • Pattern blocks have taken over our kitchen table for half the week and we're all having so much fun with them. Michael's experimenting with all the different ways he can make hexagons.
  • I was informed that Ava only has two more regular speech sessions and one assessment session left in the school year. How did that sneak up on me? I'm grateful that we'll be continuing her private therapy through the summer.
  • Michael had a stomach bug. I'm crossing my fingers and sincerely hoping that he'll remain the only one.
  • Ava's preschool teacher was fired. They won't tell me why. I adored her. Ava adored her. She was Michael's first preschool teacher when he started preschool and he adored her. All said and done, I've known this woman for 2 1/2 years and I was always happy with how she cared for my children and how she ran her classroom. I am finding this situation really unsettling.

And now, the fatigue dictates that this is the end of the cliff notes version of the weekly review. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again for the great idea of the contact paper with the blocks...a great goodies idea!��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It worked well for 3-4 days of heavy use. It doesn't have to be super sticky, just enough to keep the blocks from sliding out of place when they put a new one on. I was trying to think of something other than contact paper that would be reusable, but I haven't had a lot of luck. Perhaps some kind of shelf paper would work if you didn't need it to be see-through...

      Delete

Web Analytics