One-Syllable Initial T/K Minimal Pair Picture Cards
To download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.
I recommend you print on cardstock and laminate for durability.
DescriptionThis articulation picture card set focuses on the contrast between initial /t/ and initial /k/. It would be a great set to use with a child who is using fronting or backing phonological processes or a child who is simply substituting /t/ for /k/ or vice versa. The words are all CV or CVC in syllable shapes and do not include vocalic /r/ sounds or consonant blends. The pictures are as simple as possible and should be accessible to young children with some teaching.
- This set includes 32 picture cards (16 t/k minimal pairs) with the target word and picture on the front.
- The words are all CV or CVC in syllable shape.
- The words are easily understood by or easily taught to young children.
- Combines the target sounds with all possible vowel sounds at least once.
PermissionsI give permission to copy, print, or distribute this card set provided that:
- Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
- No copies are altered without my express consent.
- No one makes a profit from these copies.
- Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.