Speech Articulation - Word Family Game
- Blank copy of game board found at bottom of post.
- 3-5 dice.
- Blank stickers.
- Something to use as game markers for each player. We used squinkies.
- Write initial consonant targets of your choice in blank spots on game board. We used /s/, /f/, and /l/.
- Leave one die as is. Take the other dice and put blank stickers over each side. Or use tape and construction paper squares. Write in word endings on die. I stole some I had from another game so I was able to skip this step.
How to Play (Method A)
- Students take turns rolling the number die and moving that many spaces on the game board. This selects their initial consonant.
- Then students roll the word family dice. Help students combine their initial consonant with each word ending to make a word or pseudoword.
- They get one point for each real word that is formed.
- The student with the most points when someone ends the game by reaching the end of the board wins.