- Panic, panic, panic! (Tongue-tie! Oh no, how terrible! It will ruin his life!)
- Self-recrimination. (How could I have possibly missed it, I'm an SLP? I'm the worst SLP ever. I'm the worst mama ever.)
- Online research. (ASHA: Tongue-tie is no big deal. Other sites: Tongue-tie is a big deal.)
- Additional panic. (It might be a huge deal. How will I ever decide? This is a huge decision...)
- Blog about it. Blog about it some more.
- Consult everyone who will listen for opinions (pediatrician, therapist A, therapist B, random family members, random casual acquaintances). Be swayed by the opinion of whoever is speaking at the moment.
- Begin to assimilate new information.
- Begin to calm the heck down.
- Gain some perspective.
- Realize that the initial sequence of reactions was, yet again, perhaps a bit over-the-top.
- Decide that the problem is probably not a problem.
Hmm...perhaps there is a better way?