Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pinning Version 2.0

At the beginning of December we did a pushpin activity that was a huge success with the kids. The activity is wonderful because it is a great fine motor activity and allows work on concepts and patterns as well.

I decided to revisit the activity with a cardboard box instead of cork coasters. I took a big cardbox box and taped construction paper to it. I traced simple shapes onto the paper with stencils. Then I gave each child a bowl of pushpins and let them go to it. They loved it. Ava needed help because she was forced to use her left hand. I pushed each pin in halfway for her and then she pushed it the rest of the way. The kids loved the activity and spent at least half an hour the first time we played with it. They've revisited the activity several times since then as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics