Monday, July 4, 2011

Why? Why? Why?

Why has arrived in full force around here. In fact, if it weren't so new, and if I weren't so grateful that Ava can talk at all, it might even be a little annoying.

Now I don't mind answering genuine why questions. Ask me why the sky is blue. Fine. Ask me why we need to go to sleep. Fine.

But check these out:

Ava: I need to go pee.
Me: Ok. Let's go potty.
Ava: Why?

(Ava is obviously bored with the television.)
Me: Are you ready to turn the tv off?
Ava: Yep.
Me: Ok. Let's go turn the tv off.
Ava: Why?

(after finishing a meal)
Ava: Come play with me.
Me: Just as soon as I finish cleaning up.
Ava: Why?
Me: Because Mommy has to make sure that the table is all clean for next time.
Ava: Why?
Me: Because we'll need the table to be clean so we can put new food on it at dinner.
Ava: Why?

Me: I'll be right back.
Ava: Where you going Mommy?
Me: To the bathroom.
Ava: Why?
Me: To go potty.
Ava: Why?

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

Happy 4th of July everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics