Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baby Kitty

This is Baby Kitty.


She is precious to Ava. Baby Kitty sleeps with Ava during naps and nighttime. Baby Kitty often accompanies Ava downstairs during the day or on a car ride. She was named Baby Kitty because she was smaller than Mama Kitty (we had Mama Kitty first).


When Ava first became attached to Mama Kitty, we got a couple of backup Mama Kitties just in case... We have needed one or two of those upon occasion (one Mama Kitty spent an accidental night at the mall, another needed a run through the laundry). Baby Kitty was a gift. A very loved gift. However, Baby Kitty has no tag or identifying markings. There was probably some sort of tag that I cut off when she first arrived, but I have no idea what it was. Therefore I cannot order backups for Baby Kitty. That makes me nervous.

Yesterday, at nap time, Baby Kitty could not be located. I managed to distract Ava with a soft snuggly blanket she hadn't seen in a long time, but it was a glimpse of how sad she would be if Baby Kitty disappeared. I found Baby Kitty in a corner after Ava went to sleep, but what if I can't next time? I know she'll survive, but I'm kind of attached to Baby Kitty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics