Friday, April 15, 2011

The Weekly Review: Week Five

Blog Post I Appreciated Most:

You know how you sometimes you like hearing about someone else's misery because it makes you feel like you have some company? Well, Rude Cactus posted about the illnesses his family has experienced over the last month and although he has all of my sympathy, it makes me feel better about the fact that our household hasn't gone longer than a week without someone (or multiple someones) being ill for the past four months.

Apraxia Article of the Week:

This is a nicely done general introduction page about Childhood Apraxia of Speech. Note: It uses the out of date terminology "Developmental Apraxia of Speech" rather than using "Childhood Apraxia of Speech" which is now the preferred terminology.

Sibling Interaction of the Week:

This week Michael has started calling Ava by both her first and middle name. I tend to do that when I'm fussing at the children and it was pretty funny to hear Michael do it when he was fussing at his sister. Soon he started using both names every time he called her. Interestingly, it has apparently taught Ava her middle name. When a friend of mine asked Ava her name, she responded with both.

Quote of the Week from Michael:

Yesterday morning I was in a hurry to get the children out the door and to school so I gently asked Michael if he wanted another mini-muffin hoping to focus him on finishing his breakfast instead of playing. He replied in an annoyed tone of voice I completely recognized as my own, "I'm too busy working on my crane truck and I can't work with a muffin in my mouth!" I ended up letting him finish his crane truck and let him take a muffin in the car.


Ava's Song of the Week:

At the dinner table a couple of nights ago Ava started singing The Isty Bitsy Spider complete with hand motions and with an extra lyric about the moon going down thrown in for good measure. I almost wish I hadn't banned all cell phones from the table at meals because we didn't have a camera handy to catch it on video.

Project of the Week:

This week I'm working on adding a new section to my blog. I'm revising my reference posts and putting them all in one place so they can be accessed easily. It's a big project and I'm just taking it one bit at a time, but I think it will be a great collection of articles when I'm done. Hopefully people will find them to be useful. This is where you can find the ones I've finished so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics