Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wanted: Guinea Pig Proofreaders

I've finished the rough draft of a /s/ Card Decks and Resources downloadable, printable ebook. It is a significant expansion of some of the free resources I have made available on this website. The ebook gives you the ability to print as many copies as you'd like of card decks, minimal pairs cards, pivot phrase worksheets, homework sheets, story booklets, and games and activities.

The /s/ book contains:
  • Initial /s/
    • One-Syllable Picture Card Set (44 cards)
    • Minimal Pair Contrasts (18 picture pairs)
    • Pivot Phrase Worksheets (3)
    • Homework Worksheets (Difficulty Levels 1-3)
    • Story Booklets (2)
    • Speech Game: Simple Speech Puzzles (15)
  • Final /s/
    • One-Syllable Picture Card Set (44 cards)
    • Minimal Pair Contrasts (18 picture pairs)
    • Pivot Phrase Worksheets (2)
    • Homework Worksheets (Difficulty Levels 1-3)
    • Story Booklets (2)
    • Speech Game: Speech Dominos (28 Domino Set)
  • Medial /s/
    • Two-Syllable Picture Card Set (29 cards)
    • Minimal Pair Contrasts (9 picture pairs)
    • Pivot Phrase Worksheets (2)
    • Homework Worksheets (Difficulty Levels 1-3)
    • Story Booklet
    • Speech Game: Speech Race (1 Racetrack Game Sheet)
  • /s/-Scenes
    • /s/-Scenes Picture Card Set (29 cards)
    • Mixed /s/ Story Booklet
    • Speech Activity: Speech Sort (1 worksheet)

The Initial and Final Card decks are sortable by phoneme, position, difficulty, vowel, and phonological process (velar fronting, final consonant deletion, stopping, and liquid gliding). As with all my free card sets, the target words were carefully chosen to be as simple as possible in syllable shape and to contain a wide variety of consonant and vowel sounds to increase coarticulation variety and facilitate generalization and carryover.

My (admittedly biased) opinion is that you cannot find a comparable set of /s/ therapy materials anywhere else. I need some help though. I was hoping to get 4 volunteers - two SLPs and two parents of children with articulation problems working on /s/ at home. I'd like to offer you a free copy of the book in exchange for proofreading and feedback. You'd need to be willing to print the book out (67 pages - printing in b&w draft mode is fine), proofread it carefully, and mail it back to me. Send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com if you are interested and we'll work out the details.

Thank you, in advance, for all of your help. I'm very excited about this book and I hope it can be useful for many of you!

Update:
I have enough volunteers for now. I'm going to start contacting people via email. Thank you guys for the great response. As soon as I get the edits back and any corrections made, I'll be able to make the eResource available. I'm hoping to get things up in a couple of weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!!! Just got your email now... I am a mom to an adorable 34 month old boy who was diagnosed with dyspraxia... he is in speech therapy 3 times a week with a speech therapist, and I have printed out STACKS of your cards and starting to use them at home with him for inbetween days and weekends... I would LOVE to try out your book - but I am not a professional - just a mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for volunteering Vicki! I need for you to actually email me at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com so that I have your email address to send more information to.

      Delete
  2. If you still have space, I would be interested in trying your product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also having problems printing your apraxia information from my Apple Os laptop. Any hints on how to get it to print?

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics