DescriptionThese articulation picture card sets are designed to be more comprehensive than the typical sets you might find elsewhere. The target audience for these sets are young children or children with more severe speech delays that need intensive practice with sounds at a one-syllable level or simple two-syllable level. No blends or vocalic /r/ sounds are included in these sets.
- Initial and Final sets include 30 one-syllable words that begin or end with the target sound.
- The words are simple and are easily understood by or easily taught to young children.
- Combines the target sound with all possible vowel sounds at least once.
- Words are sorted by difficulty level for an easy progression from easy to hard.
- Describes the progression from most intense prompts to least intense.
- Provides a simple carrier phrase for every word.
- A gestural prompt for the target sound is explained.
- A list of therapy activities is included.
- Includes 30 therapy cards with the target word and a picture on the front,
and the difficulty level and the carrier phrase printed on the back.
PermissionsI give permission to copy, print, or distribute these card sets provided that:
- Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
- No copies are altered without my express consent.
- No one makes a profit from these copies.
- Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.
Looking for FeedbackI would love to hear back from anyone who uses the word sets. Let me know if there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.
Where can I find more?More sets are on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page.
Card SetsTo download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.
Instructions for printing and using the cards are included in the set.